Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Happy Holidays 2007

What a great holiday season! I learned two very important things this Christmas.

The first thing I learned is that it is (or, rather, it must be) hard to be Santa. Especially when you have a precocius 5-year old that is a SNOOP. This was the first year of really hidden, covert-mission-style gift attainment. The worst thing is that it is only going to get worse as they get older. Let me tell you, I have a new appreciation for *my* Santa when I was little (because I was a snoop too!)

The other thing that I learned is that once you have kids, you really don't care at all what you get for Christmas, or if dinner isn't perfect, or if you didn't get to buy/make all the things you planned. All you really are about is watching the kiddos have a magical day.
We are so lucky to have them, and so lucky we can give them a great holiday.

This is what they woke up to Christmas morning...















Can I just say, not one of Santa's better ideas to start the fort at 1:30 AM...

hee hee..doesn't Mike look like a Who from Whoville?

Because we know it was only a matter of time before Gia started an all-girls Emo Band.

No comments: